Traveling within the bounds of the Rockville or Glenmont/Wheaton Ride On Flex zone? Lucky you! Flex is a convenient new option for you at an incredible value.
Download the Ride On Flex app to book your ride. No fixed stops or fixed schedules – the Flex comes when you book! Just enter your pickup and drop-off location within the zone, and you will be offered the next available time. Accept the booking and go to your pickup location—a corner near you.
New 11-passenger Flex buses are wheelchair accessible and have free WiFi. Standard Ride On fare policy applies. That means your ride costs no more than $2!
How does Ride On Flex work?
- Ride On Flex takes multiple passengers heading in the same direction and books them into a shared vehicle. Using the Ride On Flex app, input the address and we’ll match you with a vehicle going your way. Flex picks you up at a nearby corner and drops you off within a few streets of your requested destination. Our smart algorithms provide trip times that are comparable to other ride shares and much more convenient than other modes of travel.
How long will I wait?
- You'll always get an accurate estimate of your pick-up time before booking. You can also track your bus in real time in the app.
How many passengers will I share a vehicle with?
- The number of passengers varies. Our comfortable buses can accommodate up to 11 people. Up to 6 seats can be reserved with each booking.
Where can Flex take me?
- Anywhere in your zone! It might be a Metro station, shopping center, office, library, other public facility—or home. You tell us.
When is Flex available?
- Hours of service vary by zone. Check here for details.
What else do I need to know about Ride On Flex?
NO BOARDING WITHOUT A BOOKED RESERVATION.
The bus operator will ask for your name on boarding.
Pay as you board with a SmarTrip card or cash/passes/tokens.
You cannot add value to a SmarTrip card on Flex. Always have enough fare on your card or use cash/tokens/passes.
Boarding is at designated corners, not fixed stops (curb-to-curb service for persons with wheelchairs).
These Flex zones aren’t near me. When will it come to my neighborhood?
- Ride On Flex is a pilot program of the Montgomery County Department of Transportation. We’re eager to learn how our residents use this innovative on-demand transit option and hope to bring it to more areas of the county over time. Please be patient as we experiment, listen and learn.
The Ride On Flex app is guaranteed to change the way you think about traveling in the zones. We look forward to seeing you on the Flex. Just book and go!
Love our app? Please rate us! Questions or suggestions? Email us at RideOn.FlexCustomerService@montgomerycountymd.gov.