READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without something to read. The Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ - Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from millions of Kindle books (including books with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book with a sample in the app before you buy on Amazon.com
- Kindle Unlimited members can enjoy unlimited reading and listening, with the freedom to explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines.
- Thousands of books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
GO BEYOND PAPER Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
- Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
- Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or follow links to Google and Wikipedia to get more information.
- Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
- Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
- Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
- Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
- Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
- When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
- Get notified when authors you love have new releases.
Jul 27, 2022
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
Pros: 1. Quite a few books. 2. Kindle Unlimited is worth the price if you read a lot. 3. Can sync multiple devices. Cons: 1.Sometimes the kindle price of a book is more than the price of the physical book, which makes exactly no sense. 2. You cannot purchase any books that you find through the Kindle app. You have to back out and go to the Amazon web page and search for the book you just found or save it to your lists. Still inconvenient, still doesn't make sense.
145 people found this review helpful
August 17, 2022
I love using this app, however, the browsing experience needs to be improved. Being able to filter out what I don't or do want is very very very very important to me. I hate that I can not narrow down my results. Sometimes I want a short read so being able to select the duration and sort from shortest to longest would be great. Also, being able to find "read and listen free" books would increase the time I use the app. Audible has these features so I know it can be done.
29 people found this review helpful
Show review history
August 17, 2022
the past month or so the app has had an unusual amount of glitching. I've tried unistalling and reinstalling but the issues persist. it won't download books, it randomly changes the page, randomly shuts down the app, or completely freezes up. I've owned this app for years and never had an issue. I'm not sure what's going on but hopefully they fix it soon