Amazon Alexa

4.4
1.51M reviews
50M+
Downloads
Content rating
Everyone
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image

About this app

Use the Amazon Alexa App to set up your Alexa-enabled devices, listen to music, create shopping lists, get news updates, and much more. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your voice, vocabulary, and personal preferences.

DISCOVER MORE
• Get more out of your Echo device through personalized feature recommendations from Alexa
• Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills
• Pick up where you left off directly from the home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books

MANAGE YOUR DEVICES
• Set up your Alexa-enabled devices, control or check status of your compatible smart lights, locks and thermostats at home or on the go
• Create routines to automate your smart home devices

MUSIC & BOOKS
• Connect to music services like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Choose a song or playlist and listen on your Alexa-enabled devices
• Create speaker groups to play music across your compatible Echo devices for multi-room music

ORGANIZE YOUR DAY
• View and edit shopping and to-do lists on the go, get weather and news updates, manage timers and alarms, and more

STAY CONNECTED
• Use Drop In from your app to connect instantly with your compatible Echo devices, like a two-way intercom
• Call or message supported Alexa-enabled devices, at no additional cost
Updated on
Jun 15, 2022

Data safety

Developers can show information here about how their app collects and uses your data. Learn more about data safety
No information available
4.4
1.51M reviews
Adrian Bradley
June 21, 2022
I agree with others' comments about this app — it's essentially worthless. I'd enjoy and find this app very useful if it did WHAT it was supposed to WHEN it was supposed to. I set up a routine to turn off all lights and plugs and arm the security camera whenever I leave, and another routine to reverse those steps whenever I arrive back home. But they only work about 10% of the time, while I have to do it myself, groceries in hand, or whatever, the other 90%. That defeats the purpose altogether.
84 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
Laura Drebushenko
June 21, 2022
It's fine, kind of clunky. I'd expect something more intuitive from Amazon. Also, it's annoying that if you select an item on a list and then click back to return to the list, it always returns you to the top of the list, rather than spot that you were at. Lastly, I had my Echo controlling my Fire Stick. Now, it will only pause the show. If I give it any other command it tells me I need to come to this app and connect the two devices, which I can't because they're already connected.
339 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
Scott Walter
June 17, 2022
First off, this is a review of the app, not the AI service it interacts with. The service is quite good. The app is so-so and getting worse as Amazon follows Apple's habit of packing more and more functionality into a slower and slower app (think iTunes). It's bloated. It's slow. So slow that sections time out frequently. It's so unnerving, I took another star away while writing this. UPDATE: Now that this app is the ONLY way to access all functions, it's even worse. Drop one more star.
509 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?

What's new

Various bug fixes and performance improvements.