The Kindle app puts over 1.5 million books at your fingertips. It’s the app for every reader, whether you’re a book reader, magazine reader, comics reader or newspaper reader—and you don’t need to own a Kindle to use the app. Choose from over a million Kindle books or enjoy popular magazines and newspapers, such as The Economist, The Spectator, The Guardian and The Daily Mail, with high-resolution colour images.*
• Read Books — Choose from more than one million e-books including bestsellers such as Pride & Prejudice or Treasure Island and new releases and over 200,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else, including books by bestselling authors such as Phil Rickman.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia — The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your e-books. Simply press and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Sync Your E-Books — The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and syncs automatically, so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
• Sample Books Before You Buy — You can read the first chapter of a book before you decide to buy on Amazon.co.uk
• Customize Your Reading — Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) for reading your books.
* Selection of e-books and e-periodicals varies by country.
Books & Reference
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region and age The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
It's a good reading app with a huge variety of books to read. The actual reading experience is smooth and easy to manage, with some nice changes you can make to your "page" color, font size and shape, and whatnot. Plus, there is the handy bookmark option, which makes it easy to find pages. My personal favorite aspect is the ability to make notes and highlights to any sentences or words. Overall, the Kindle app is handy and easy to use. And free! Any books have to be bought on the Amazon website.
31 people found this review helpful
26 November 2022
I was a hardcore physical book only guy for years, but I eventually broke down and picked up a few titles for the Kindle app on my phone. I have to say, when the Kindle app added dark mode, it was a game changer. I'm able to read comfortably in the dark in bed, and it was just easier for me to read and enjoy. Since then, I've used the Kindle app to read dozens of books, and have many more waiting. I'm able to find rare or lesser known titles which has made for an amazing reading experience
64 people found this review helpful
1 December 2022
I will look for alternative apps the moment I don't feel I have a solid product OR I'm getting advertised to death with in-app offers. Kindle meets me needs. the store is easy to search, the library is functional and makes all the books filterable findable readable. the nuisance of purchasing certain books through Amazon is weird but not impossible. I also loke the many choices of styles, fonts, colors, etc for reading.