READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without something to read. The Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ - Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from millions of Kindle books (including books with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book with a sample in the app before you buy on Amazon.com
- Kindle Unlimited members can enjoy unlimited reading and listening, with the freedom to explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines.
- Thousands of books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
GO BEYOND PAPER Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
- Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
- Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or follow links to Google and Wikipedia to get more information.
- Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
- Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
- Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
- Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
- Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
- When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
- Get notified when authors you love have new releases.
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse) and Privacy Notice (www.amazon.com/privacy).
Sep 27, 2023
Books & Reference
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
Location, Personal info and 3 others
This app may collect these data types
Location, Personal info and 7 others
Data is encrypted in transit
You can request that data be deleted
Ratings and reviews
October 1, 2023
I really used to love this app. However it changed the storefront to something extremely confusing, focusing more on the kindle vella department. And my reading streak is very messed up. Saying I didn't read on days I've 100% read. I had almost a year streak and I've lost it because of some glitch. Overall I would recommend this app because I really do use it everyday but there are a lot of problems with it, imo.
7 people found this review helpful
Show review history
September 14, 2023
I have to reinstall this app every time I start a new book. The whisper sync doesn't match up. Half the time the audio download doesn't work and when it does it encounters errors and I have to constantly restart the download. Very frustrating. This is on my Samsung S22+. Unfortunately this is the only app that does what I'm looking for, when it's actually working correctly.
383 people found this review helpful
Show review history
August 9, 2023
Great selection of books. Highlighting selections almost always fails, or it says it highlighted the section but doesn't show any visual highlight. There are a lot of books I found that are supposed to have audio integration, where it will read aloud as you go through the book that do not integrate well, or will not allow you to buy or listen to the audiobook. On the plus side, I can have hundreds of books without carrying an entire bookcase with me at all times.