READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without something to read. The Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ - Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from millions of Kindle books (including books with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book with a sample in the app before you buy on Amazon.com
- Kindle Unlimited members can enjoy unlimited reading and listening, with the freedom to explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines.
- Thousands of books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
GO BEYOND PAPER Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
- Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
- Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or follow links to Google and Wikipedia to get more information.
- Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
- Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
- Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
- Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
- Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
- When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
- Get notified when authors you love have new releases.
Sep 27, 2022
Books & Reference
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
I'm getting sick and tired of Audible and Kindle not syncing right. I have this issue a lot! I was doing immersion reading yesterday. Which is listening to your audio book and following along on the ebook. It was working fine yesterday then there was a Kindle update and boom it's gone. It's out of sync and I don't have the audible function with my ebook at all when I damn well do! I've had this issue for years. Contacting them does nothing. They can't figure it out. Both of my devices!
33 people found this review helpful
September 21, 2022
I think it's the best e-reader out there and I like that the new model is waterproof. the lighting is fine and the text is pretty readable, but it's very difficult to pick new books out on it and won't let you make a large font when you're not reading a book, so the small font means you really need your reading glasses unless your eyes are good when you're researching what to read next. also the touch isn't always accurate and I'll be trying to set a bookmark and it puts me in a menu.
39 people found this review helpful
rattiest of them all
September 28, 2022
Highlight Options Are Gone. When you first open the app it usually works fine a couple highlights, maybe. But after that, the highlight options go away. I can only highlight, can't change color, can't copy, can't add a note, can't do anything with what I highlighted. It's been like that for a few months. I've uninstalled and reinstalled already. Smh