Learn about the methods used to manage panic and get relief from anxiety. Relaxation, mindfulness, and teaching audios. Mood log and analysis, cognitive diary, healthy goals & more!
Feel hopeful about changing your life! Learn about the cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) methods shown in psychological research to be effective in managing panic and anxiety.
This app provides education to be an informed consumer of mental health services and contains resources to use in collaboration with a health professional. Prior to using CBT methods you should consult with your physician as sometimes panic and anxiety may be related to a physical condition.
The tools provided in this app are derived from the CBT research base and developed into a user-friendly format by Dr. Monica Frank, a clinical psychologist specializing with the cognitive-behavioral treatment of anxiety disorders for over 30 years.
CBT methods included in this app
1) Assistance audios • learn to tolerate and manage panic and anxiety • Panic Assistance -- coaches you through a panic attack • Mindful Grounding -- teaches you how to refocus during high anxiety • Mindful Breathing
2) Dozens of other audios • Guided Imagery -- relaxation • Quick Stress Relief -- simple exercises • Mindfulness • Emotion Training -- can be used simply as relaxation or you can use them to learn how to manage emotions • Muscle Relaxation • Children's Relaxation • Mindfulness Training • Energizing • many of the articles are also available in audio format
3) Qi Gong Videos • a gentle, physical relaxation method
4) Tests • to help you learn about yourself • Cognitive Styles Test, Your Happiness Assessment and more
5) Cognitive Diary • step by step evaluation of an event that caused distress • to help with cognitive restructuring
6) Healthy Activities Log • track daily activities to motivate and make improvements
7) Mood Log • record your moods throughout the day • mood analysis feature: shows your average mood ratings for different actions or events • graphs to track your mood
8) Daily Goals • to plan your healthy activities • treatment planning with therapist
9) Articles • about panic/anxiety • explaining cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
About cognitive-behavioral therapy
Stop Panic & Anxiety Self-Help by Excel At Life teaches you how to use the cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) methods in a simple format.
Learn the CBT methods shown by decades of psychological research to be effective for changing your emotions/moods and behavior that contribute to depression, anxiety and stress, as well as problems in relationships, career and physical health.
These CBT methods can be used as self-help for minor issues or can be used in collaboration with your therapist to develop a treatment plan best suited to your situation. The Daily Goals feature can be used to record your plan and completed activities.
• All personal data stored in your device. • Download audios for offline use. • Fully customizable: change the CBT terms (beliefs and definitions) used in the diary to conform with the system you are familiar with, add your own challenging statements for each belief, add moods/emotions, add healthy activities to track • Password protection (optional) • Daily reminder (optional) • Examples, tutorial, articles • Email entries and test results - useful for therapeutic collaboration
Apr 6, 2023
Health & Fitness
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
Location, App info and performance, and Device or other IDs
No data collected
Learn more about how developers declare collection
Data is encrypted in transit
Data can’t be deleted
Ratings and reviews
December 2, 2020
I like this app for the good audios, articles, diary and mood log. I appreciate that the logs are customizable, though I'm still learning how to use the features. There are so many options it's overwhelming at times. Ex: there is a list of healthy activities you can check off. But the things they refer to are not all ready to find, such as listening to a particular audio or reading a certain article in app. This could be solved by adding links where each is mentioned.
75 people found this review helpful
May 8, 2020
This app has helped me so many times in calming me when panic strikes. Its as if Im sitting in the therapists office and she talking me through the entire attack. Wonderful self help tool and you choose if you want music or not, which I prefer not. It also has many different audios you can choose for your liking. I very highly recommend this app.
75 people found this review helpful
January 26, 2024
I've tried countless apps to help with mental health. This woman I can really hear what she's saying and her Mindfulness training is exceptional. She explains it in a way I'd never heard and actually had a moment of fully hearing her. I can only listen to someone depending on how the person sounds and their tone. Brilliant!!! I'd give her 6 stars