With DOMINO OÖ, your daily commute is flexible and easy. The new app for your way to work makes commuting in Upper Austria a breeze. No more traffic jams, just keep driving. With public transportation as well as rides with your colleagues. Real-time data and a smart route planner help you get to the office on time and stress-free.
DOMINO OÖ changes your daily commute. The app connects you with drivers or passengers from your company or commuters who have the same route. Together you can reach your destination faster and protect the environment as well.
DOMINO OÖ has the best routes for you. Use the filter function to decide on your preferred type of mobility. Choose between public transport such as Linz AG Linien, ÖBB or LILO, bicycle or DOMINO OÖ Ridesharing. Sort the results e.g. by sustainability, duration, number of transfers. With just a few clicks, you'll always know how long it will take you to get to your work and when you'll arrive.
DOMINO OÖ at a glance
- Route planner: Select your location or a desired address as the starting point for your daily routes in the Linz area. Use the filter and sort function to get recommendations for routes. The app calculates them according to your preferences. You can choose between walking, public transport, cycling, your own car and a ride with colleagues via the new DOMINO OÖ Ridesharing
- DOMINO OÖ Ridesharing: With the ridesharing service in your app, you easily find rides to your workplace and back home. Track the location of the car via a map. In case of delays, details about the meeting point and so on, you can get in touch directly. If you plan to use your own car for activities, offer rides to your colleagues. It is possible to book rides up to 60 minutes before the planned departure.
- Map with "nearby" view: With the map in DOMINO OÖ you always know where you are, which stations are nearby and how long it takes to get there. Select any point on the map as your start or end point of your commute. You can also see parking options and cab stands.
- Departures in real time: The monitor shows you the current departures at every public transport station in the greater Linz area. You'll be the first to know if there are disruptions, delays or cancellations on the bus, train or streetcar. The departure monitor helps you to make your way to work as easy and fast as possible.
- Direct support: We accompany you on your way to work and are happy to assist you. Contact us directly via the app if you have any questions or suggestions. Our ÖAMTC service team can be reached by phone or email on weekdays from 7:00-18:00. If you contact the support team outside of business hours, you will receive an answer from us by mail on the next business day at the latest.
The DOMINO research project
DOMINO OÖ will start in October 2021 as a test version of the research project DOMINO- Hub for Intermodal Mobility Services & Technologies. The goal of the project is to make commuting in the Linz metropolitan area more sustainable and CO2-friendly with a new app for commuting to work. A total of 15 leading companies from the mobility, research and technology sectors are working together under the leadership of ASFINAG to make the Austrian transport system more user-friendly and attractive. The app is essential for the research project to combine transport services and thus link individual and public transport. The research project will run from 2019-2023.
DOMINO is one of the lead projects of the FTI program "Mobility of the Future". Within the framework of this program, DOMINO is supported or funded by the Federal Ministry for Climate Protection, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology (BMK) and handled by the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG). The most important project partners of DOMINO OÖ include the province of Upper Austria, ÖAMTC, ASFINAG, Fluidtime, FH Upper Austria (MobiLab of the Logistics Center at the Steyr Campus), OÖVV and RISC Software GmbH.