Chime is a bank account built for your best interest. We help members avoid bank fees, save money automatically, and lead healthier financial lives. Chime is more than just an app to save money. Chime is a modern, mobile-first and connected approach to banking that doesn't rely on bank fees to profit from your misfortune or mistakes.
It’s a bank account and debit card built for the digital age. - TechCrunch
Best alternative bank. Unlike other savings apps, Chime doesn’t just want to help save you money — it wants to be your new bank. - Nerdwallet
[Other savings apps] help you save outside of your checking account. Chime wants to give you a better banking experience overall. - BankRate
When you sign up for Chime, you receive a Chime Visa debit card, an FDIC-insured* Spending Account, a Savings Account, and a powerful mobile banking app that keeps you in control.
Here’s what to expect when you bank with Chime:
// Say Goodbye to Bank Fees ///
• No monthly minimums, no maintenance fees, no overdraft fees, no foreign transaction fees, and access to over 30,000 fee-free ATMs.
// Save Money Automatically //
• Save When You Spend: Every time you pay a bill or make a purchase with your Chime Visa debit card, we round up the transaction amount to the nearest dollar and transfer that savings round up from your Spending account into your Chime Savings account.
• Save When You Get Paid: Chime makes it easy to automatically save money with every paycheck by automatically transferring 10% of every paycheck directly into your savings account.
// Get Your Paycheck Early //
• Chime members can get paid up to two days early when they fund their account through payroll direct deposit.
// Stay in Control Wherever and Whenever //
•Daily Balance Updates and Real-time Transaction Notifications: Chime members receive daily balance notifications and real-time transaction alerts so that they always know where they stand.
• Pay Friends: Instantly send money to other Chime members. With Pay Friends, payments are transferred instantly so there’s no waiting for funds to arrive.
• Block Card: If you lose or misplace your Chime debit card, you can temporarily block their card using the Chime app or online account. You also choose to temporarily block international transactions.
• Apple Pay: Add your Chime debit card to Apple Pay and enjoy all the same benefits with the convenience of mobile payments.
// How to switch banks: //
• Step 1 / Open Your Account: Download the app, sign up, and enroll in Automatic • Savings. We’ll send you a Chime card within two weeks.
• Step 2 / Fund Your Account: Set up direct deposit with your employer to have funds deposited to your Chime account every payday. You can also connect other bank accounts and transfer funds from your existing bank account for free.
• Step 3 / Update Bill Payments: Activate your card when it arrives, add it to Apple Pay, and set up recurring bill payments with your Chime card number or with your Chime account and routing numbers.
Many more exciting features are on the way!
For more information please visit www.chimebank.com.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
*Banking Services provided by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC. The Chime Visa® Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.