Norton Family provides tools that teach safe, smart, and healthy online habits. It also provides insights that help you foster a healthy online/offline balance for your children and their devices.
At home, attending school, or on the go, Norton Family helps keep children focused on what’s most important.
• Monitor the sites and content your child views
Make the Web safer for your kids to explore—by keeping you informed of which sites your kids are visiting, and letting you block potentially harmful and inappropriate content.‡
• Set limits on your child’s internet access
Help your kids balance time spent online by scheduling screen time limits for their device usage.‡ This can helps you focus your child on schoolwork and avoid online distractions while remote learning or at bedtime.‡
• Stay informed about your child’s physical location
Use geo-location features in the app to track your child’s location. Receive alerts if you’re your child arrives in or goes beyond areas of interest established by you. (4)
Here are some of the Norton Family features parents can use to help protect their child’s online activities.
• Instant Lock
Help your kids take a break by locking the device, so they can re-focus, or join the family at dinner. You can still contact your children and children can still contact each other while the device is in lock mode.
• Web Supervision
Let your kids explore the Web freely, with tools that help you block unsuitable websites while keeping you in the know about which sites they’re visiting. (6)
• Video Supervision
See a list of the YouTube videos your kids watch on their PCs or mobile devices and even view a snippet of each video, so you know when you need to talk. (3)
• Mobile App Supervision
See which apps your kids have downloaded on their Android devices. Choose which ones they can use. (5)
• School Time
Remote learning requires the internet, so pausing the internet on your child’s device is not an option. Manage content access to relevant categories and websites to help your child maintain focus while school is in session.
• Alert Me
Stay informed about your child’s location automatically. You can set specific dates and times to receive automatic alerts of the location of a child’s device. (2)
‡ Norton Family and Norton Parental Control can only be installed and used on a child’s Windows PC, iOS and Android devices but not all features are available on all platforms. Parents can monitor and manage their child’s activities from any device – Windows PC (excluding Windows 10 in S mode), iOS and Android – via our mobile apps, or by signing into their account at my.Norton.com and selecting Parental Control via any browser.
‡‡ Requires your device to have an Internet/data plan and be turned on.
1. Parents can sign in to my.Norton.com or family.Norton.com and select Parental Control to view their child’s activity and manage settings from any supported browser on any device.
2. Location Supervision features are NOT available in all countries. Visit Norton.com for details. To work, the child’s device must have Norton Family installed and be turned on.
3. Video Supervision monitors videos that your kids view on YouTube.com. It does not monitor or track YouTube videos that have been embedded in other websites or blogs.
4. Location Supervision requires activation before use.
5. Mobile app must be downloaded separately.
6. Norton Family uses AccessibilityService API to collect data about websites viewed through browsers on your child's device. It is also used to prevent the child from removing permissions without a parent’s authentication.
NortonLifeLock respects your privacy and is dedicated to safeguarding your personal data. See http://www.nortonlifelock.com/privacy for more information.
No one can prevent all cybercrime or identity theft.