Try Btool Lite freeware first. It lets you check if the app is compatible with your BMW and your OBD adapter.
Application allows to read / erase fault codes and view live data in N47 / M47 / N57 / M57 diesel engines in BMW e90 and other models.
It provides all the functionalities as Lite version and additionally allows to:
- read DPF regeneration status and detailed information
- request DPF regeneration
- reset DPF adaptation values (required after filter replacement)
- read exhaust fumes pressure
- read injectors adjustments
- read actual and expected values for air mass, intake manifold pressure, fuel pressure
- log data to CSV file for further analysis
- register battery replacement (without changing battery properties)
Supported OBD adapters
- K+D-Can USB: This is recommended and most reliable adapter. You will also need USB-OTG cable.
- ELM327 Bluetooth: Bluetooth connection may be slower and less stable than USB. Only genuine ELM327 or PIC18-based adapters will work. It may not work with older engines. More info below.
- ELM327 WiFi: Like ELM Bluetooth connection may be lest stable.
Application works also with BMW E60, E83*, E81, E87, F10, F30, F25 and with M47N/M57N (DDE5) engines in E46/E39 models.
Older engines like M47 DDE3, M57 DDE4 or M54 MS43 also works but only with K+DCan cable.
If you have questions or need any help send me an email. You can find my address on the bottom of the page.
- DPF adaptation reset in M47/57 engine is only possible using K+DCan cable. It will not work with ELM adapter.
- X3 E83 with M47/57 and ELM adapter supports engine only. For other modules use K+DCan cable.
Why this app requires permissions?
- Storage: required for USB adapters support
- Photos / Media / Files: allows to create CSV files
- Pair with Bluetooth devices/access Bluetooth settings: required for Bluetooth adapters support
- Full network access: required for WiFi adapters support
- Approximate location: Theoretically it is possible to find approximate location using Bluetooth, however this app does not read/use location.