READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without something to read. The Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ - Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from millions of Kindle books (including books with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book with a sample in the app before you buy on Amazon.com
- Kindle Unlimited members can enjoy unlimited reading and listening, with the freedom to explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines.
- Thousands of books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
GO BEYOND PAPER Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
- Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
- Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or follow links to Google and Wikipedia to get more information.
- Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
- Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
- Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
- Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
- Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
- When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
- Get notified when authors you love have new releases.
Jan 20, 2023
Books & Reference
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
I used to use the app nearly every day. Since the latest round of updates it has more glitches and bugs than it ever has. If it isn't jumping back pages it's closing the book entirely and won't reopen. I updated the app trying to fix it, but if anything, it got worse. I uninstalled and reinstalled hoping that would fix the problem - nope. I can open books, read half a page and they'll close. Or the app closes entirely. So frustrating! Makes it tough to justify the expense when it won't work.
151 people found this review helpful
Show review history
January 31, 2023
The read for free button is missing after the update, which makes reading in the Kindle app impossible without jumping through the hoop of using the website. It completely defeats the purpose of having a separate app if the functionality for what it should be used for is taken away without warning, and it doesn't appear to be something that is getting fixed.
64 people found this review helpful
Show review history
January 30, 2023
*edit edit(Jan 30, 23) Reading Insights seems to have a bug where it vanishes from the home tab and randomly, extremely rarely, pops back up. Maybe once every 100 openings or so. Can you make it so we can just choose whether we want it or not? Make it a feature, not a bug. *edit(Aug 22, 22)* You actually brought it back! Thank you! *Original* Add reading insights back to the homepage please. Having to manually navigate to it instead because it just suddenly isn't there is rather tedious..