Purple VRI for Android transforms your tablet into a full-functioning, “mobile interpreter” to help in situations where interpreters are needed to relay communications for deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech-impaired individuals and hearing individuals when they are in the same room.
After downloading, please call 800-618-2418 to create your account. Please note you will not be able to make a VRI call until an account is created through Purple.
- Easy-to-use and convenient; make VRI calls virtually anywhere, anyplace, anytime on a WiFi or cellular connection.
- Certified interpreters, clear audio and high-quality video make it like the interpreter is in the same room with you!
- Purple VRI is perfect for work, schools, meetings, doctor’s appointments, on-the-go and much, much more!
- Last minute requests made easy – on-demand technology allows you to access services at any time, 24/7, 365 days per year.
Creating a Purple VRI Account: After downloading the app, call 800-618-2418 to create your account. Please note you will not be able to make a VRI call until an account is created through Purple. This can only be done by calling the 800 number.
Currently Supported Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 or Motorola Xoom™
NOTE: This is NOT Purple VRS. For Purple VRS, please search for “Purple VRS” in the Android Market.
If Purple VRS is not your default VRS provider, you can access PurpleMail and other great Purple services today by contacting a Customer Care representative to set up your account at 877-885-3172 or by going to www.purple.us/register to get started.
All Purple services are FREE to qualified deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
Cellular or Wi-Fi network connectivity is required to download PurpleMail video messages to your Android device.
• NEW! Brand new, easy-to-use, sleek interface
• NEW! Faster sign in and faster contact loading
• NEW! No need to download a separate PurpleMail™ app – PurpleMail included
• NEW! Users can register for a Purple account directly in the P3 Mobile app
• NEW! Easily update E911 information using P3 Mobile app
• One-line and two-line voice carryover (VCO)
• Call history and PurpleMail
• “Smart search,” an enhanced smart dial feature that allows the user to search contact lists by either name or phone number
• Users can select Spanish or English screen language option
What’s New in P3 Mobile:
• No need to download a separate PurpleMail™ app – PurpleMail app built-in
• Brand new, easy-to-use, sleek interface
• Faster sign in and faster contact loading
• Users can register for a Purple account using the P3 Mobile app
• Easily update E911 information using P3 Mobile app
A Purple account with a Purple ten-digit number is required to use P3 Mobile. If you already have an existing Purple account, you don’t need to get a new number -- you already have your Purple ONE number and Contact List for all your devices.
All Purple services are FREE to qualified deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
• Samsung Galaxy Tab 2™ 10.1
• Samsung™ Galaxy Nexus S™ 4G
• Motorola DROID™ Bionic
• Galaxy Nexus™ by Samsung
• HTC EVO™ Design 4G™
• Motorola DROID RAZR
• Motorola Photon™
• Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch
• Dell™ Streak 5
• Dell Streak 7
• HTC EVO
• HTC EVO 3D
• HTC Flyer™
• HTC Sensation™
• HTC ThunderBolt™
• Motorola Atrix™ 4G
• Motorola Xoom™
• Nexus S™ from Google
• Samsung Galaxy S 4G
• Samsung Galaxy Tab™
• Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
• Samsung Epic 4G
• T-Mobile® Sidekick 4G
• T-Mobile myTouch® 4G
• Samsung S3
• Nexus 7 tablet
It’s easy to stay up-to-date! Please be sure to mark the box “allow for automatic updating.”
CAAGVRS Mobile can be accessed anywhere 4G, LTE, and WiFi are available. The sleek and intuitive design makes it easy to use and convenient. You can enjoy the same quality, certified interpreters anywhere you go.
Other features include quality point-to-point video, easy to use call history for recent/missed/received calls, emergency 911 service, and a flashing light that alerts you when someone is calling.
If you are currently a registered CAAGVRS user, simply download the app and sign in using the same user name and password you use for CAAGVRS software on your PC. Then you’re ready to experience crystal clear video quality at your fingertips!
If you are not yet a CAAGVRS user, then all you have to do is register at www.caagvrs.com. For more information contact CAAGVRS Customer Care at: VrsCare@caag4.com or 855-807-2224
The first to provide mobile VRS now brings mobile video relay service to your Android phone.
*Instantly dial people on your contacts lists
*Use Google Maps and other apps to place VRS calls
*Works on WiFi and 3G
Exclusively Powered by Tango
Supported Phones (BETA):
HTC EVO, MyTouch 4G, Samsung Epic
IWRelay is a subcontractor of Healinc Telecom, LLC
This is a very simple application that will convert speech into readable text.
For a non-hearing or hard of hearing person, the application will allow faster communication with deaf persons. For deaf users, the software can assist in faster communication and may also be used as a useful tool when practicing your speech.
I would like to thank my friend Mitch Bergsma for the inspiration to write this useful tool.
Be sure to check out his latest videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/micbergsma
This application requires access to internet for the Google Speech engine, data rates may apply.
Currently the only supported language is English.
Environment is too noisy, sore throat, shyness, hearing ... What? is an application that you allow to use the text as a means of communication.
The use of What? is simple and intuitive:
1. Write your text or Dictate your text using the voice option.
2. Validate by clicking on ok button or by using smiley.
The text will be displayed in full screen. It automatically adjusts to take more space and thus be visible in order optimal.
You could also use your previous typed messages
Example of use:
- In Concert
- In the subway
- In movies,
- With a hard of hearing
- In night-club,
- At a meeting ...
Free Version: banner advertising.
Allow the application to retrieve the banner advertising.
tags: speech recognition voice text concert deaf mute shy loud
Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings - more accurate than just using plain old GPS - see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay - a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won't suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability - see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for 'OBD2' on written on a big white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported - search on google for them
More features added every release - there are forums at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/ - if you want something added then let me know and I'll try to add it if it is possible! Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported
*PLEASE NOTE* Any reports of hanging or reboots after quitting the app is due to a bug in HTC devices and Galaxy Tab,this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Other BT apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix.Please contact their support and request a fix,Thanks!
Watch videos with HW accelerated decoding and rendering to HD MKV/AVI/MOV/FLV/TS/M4V/3GP for most Android devices.
Access your NAS/Wifi/UPnP/DLNA/DVR/Dropbox/Facebook/Gmail videos from VPlayer seamlessly!!!
Play YouTube.com videos directly in VPlayer!
This is a free trial for 7 days with full features. Please buy 'VPlayer Unlocker' to continue use VPlayer.
VPlayer is a HW accelerated Media player for android. It use HW video decoder at various containers and audio codecs combination.
Dual Core/High end devices ( Sensation , Galaxy S/S2 , Nexus-S ) can play 720p even 1080p MKV/AVI/MOV/FLV/TS/M4V/3GP.
VPlayer drains less bettery than SW based players such as MX Video Player, MoboPlayer.
ICS, JellyBean, KitKat devices can play 1080p files with full HW accelerations, Honeycomb tablets can play 720p MKV with Full HW accelerations.
Support multithreading codecs.
If you use MIUI, CM7 or unofficial ROMs that can not play MKV/FLV/MOV/AVI using default player, VPlayer is the best solution.
- HW : MPEG-4,H.264/AVC,H.263
- SW : MPEG-4,H.264,RMVB,XVID,MS MPEG-4,VP6,H.263,MPEG-1,MPEG-2, HEVC, VP9
- Mutitle audtio tracks support
- (Advanced) SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass), SAMI(.smi), SubViewer(.sub), Subrip(.srt), MicroDVD(.sub), MPL2(.txt), WebVTT
- MKV subtitle extraction supported
- Unicode/Multibyte charset supported.
- Mutiple subtitle tracks support
- Increased subtitle readability with thicker border and shadow around text.
- HTTP Live Streaming with multiple bitrate
* ICS JellyBean devices, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
* Honeycomb tables(TF101,GT10.1,Iconia500) : 720p High@4.1 ( no weighted prediction )
* Samsung Galaxy S2 : 1080p H.264 email@example.com/MPEG-4,1080i AVCHD MTS
* Samsung Nexus S, Galaxy S and variants : 720p H.264 High@5.1
* Samsung Galaxy Tab(7') : 1080p H.264 High@5.1. 1080i have interlace artifacts.
* Samsung Galaxy Note : 1080p H.264 High@5.1
* HTC Desire HD,ThunderBolt : 720p High@3.1/4.0(some Level 4.0 file have shutter problem)
* HTC Desire and QSD8250 baesd devices : 720p H.264 High@3.
* HTC Evo 3D : 720p High@5.1/1080p High@5.1(some 1080p files have shuttering)
* Dell Streak,Venue : 720p H.264 High@3.1
* HTC wildfire: video capability depends on your firmware.
* Moto Atrix: 720p High@5.1
* Xiao mi: 720p High@4.1
More devices are supporting...
* Video capability depends on your devices HW video decodes' capability.
* Some devices(Moto Defy, Galaxy S/Tab) need gingerbread update.
* Tegra 2 based devices : H.264 High@4.1 ( no weighted prediction )
This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv3 and its source can be downloaded from our site.
READ_LOGS: for feedback
INTERNET: streaming support
READ_PHONE_STATE: stop playback when calling
WAKE_LOCK: keep screen up
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: rename or delete file
MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: change audio effects
VPlayer is the best video player for Android.
VPlayer, VPlayer Free, VPlayer Unlocker, Video Player, Media Player, Music Player, Streaming Player, Stream, Streaming, DLNA, Best Player
To setup a widget:
1. Enter the Skype username of the person you would like to be able to call
2. Resize and position the widget on your phone's homescreen
3. Tap the widget and Skype will automatically open and call the selected username
This was initially created to help my father call me and my brother...... since he's only just beginning to learn how Android and iPads work :) Hope it will help someone else!
Please send any comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today a new option is available for them and for you to enjoy a conversation with each other , its a new app called Mimix .
Anything a person will say is immediately translated to sign language through mimix making it easier to have a clear , two-way communication with a deaf without having to know sign language .
we aim to help deaf and hard hearing people communicate ,share ideas and express thoughts with others using this app.
mimix uses a technology that translates spoken and written words into sign language with a 3D character.
We are using ASL (American Sign Language) based Dictionary as signed English
More than 2500 animated sign language
Translate speech to sign language effectively
Friendly user, Easy to use anywhere and anytime
Periodical updates for sign language library
Providing a framework for developers to create an applications using our sign language library
*This version is Beta, please leave a feedback for improvement*
There are 360 million hard hearing and deaf person worldwide help make a difference in their lives ..be part of the change .
video to explain how
Mimix is being used the time this text written by more than 8,000 deaf in USA & Canada.
A handy application for deaf people, allowing a deaf person to write a note for a hearing person. This note will be displayed in large type and will be clearly visible on the device screen. This application allows a deaf person to talk with a hearing person, passing the phone to each other.
The application has a very useful feature for translating speech into text, which comes in handy in two cases:
1. When a deaf person and a hearing person pass each other the phone during a conversation, a hearing person presses the “Listen” button or the “Listen and Note” button. When he or she speaks, the app translates the speech into text, displaying the message on the device screen.
2. A deaf person can direct the phone or a connected external microphone toward a hearing person, press the “Listen” button and listen to what the hearing person says to the deaf person.
Also, a deaf person can pronounce the message using a synthesized speech feature (Speak and Note button), if a deaf person does not speak.
The use of a single device is not too convenient for the full conversation between a deaf and a hearing persons (as you need to be close to each other and pass the phone), that’s why we recommend to use two devices with «Deaf-Hearing Chat. Device-H» and «Deaf-Hearing Chat.Device-D» applications installed.
This is a trial version of "Note, Speak, Listen for Deaf". You can use up to 10 notes.