This is a comprehensive resource for travel doctors and individual travellers to consult before, during, and after travel. Its full-color interior includes easy-to-read disease risk maps, information on where to find health care abroad, itineraries and health risks from select destinations (particularly popular with the lay audience), advice for those traveling with infants and children, and a comprehensive catalog of every infectious agent lurking in international territories. In short, the Yellow Book represents the best, U.S. government-sanctioned health advice for international travel.
- The definitive resource for healthcare providers and individuals seeking consultation in advance of international travel
- The only publication containing the US government's latest advice on travel abroad
- Accessible content conveyed in easy-to-understand format, including maps
Every facet of the previous edition has been revisited and revised where necessary, including country-by-country immunization suggestions and new drug information. For the avid or first-time international traveller, this book is a both a prophylaxis and a safety net, providing readers everything they need to know to prevent (and address) illness abroad.
Readership: Physicians in any discipline, particularly travel medicine, primary care, and internal medicine; travel enthusiasts; government aid agencies; multinational corporations and their employees; state departments and embassies; pharmacies.
Authors: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Editor-in-chief Gary W. Brunette
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. MedHand is the exclusive partner of Oxford University Press, publishing the latest editions of their Medical Handbooks series.
MedHand applications improve your performance with relevant, valid material that is accessed quickly at the point of care!
Offering the most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers such as McGraw-Hill, RPS, PDR Network LLC, Wiley-Blackwell and more.
The Android version of the booklet gives you an enormous amount of information, which will be updated twice a year! You will therefore always have the latest drugs, which will only be available in the paper version in a year or two! We offer you the initial 2-year license, with all the updates. After that period, as you will need to keep the drugs database updated, we offer you the possibility to purchase a lifetime license for only 5$!
The Android version has also lots of other features: more than 150 current laboratory values, a useful cardiology database and a calculator that will help you give the correct resuscitation doses when you are coding a child.
DrugDoses also integrates PedCalc. It contains the most common pediatric scores and formulas:
- ASA score
- Alveolo-arterial gradient
- Anion gap
- Apgar score
- Blunt abdominal trauma score
- Body mass index
- Body surface area
- Corrected Ca*
- Creatinine clearance - measured
- Creatinine clearance - estimated
- Drip rate
- Endotracheal tube sizes
- Genta dosing*
- Glasgow Coma Score
- Glasgow Outcome Scale
- Heparin dosage*
- Maintenance fluids
- NACA score
- Neonatal central lines
- Oxygen index
- PaO2/FiO2 ratio*
- Parkland formula*
- Pediatric trauma score
- Predicted height
- Predicted spirometry values
- Tubular phosphate reabsorption
- Vanco dosing*
* These calculations are available via an In-App bundle
We have also integrated Frank Shann's Pediatric Critical Care Guidelines. The booklet contains all the latest guidelines available for pediatric critical care. Our new feature contains all the 67 chapters of the booklet, ranging from Analgesia & Sedation to Ventilation.
PICU Guidelines is fully searchable, and will save your personal notes, as well as give you the possibility to sen them to colleagues.
PICU Guidelines is available via an InApp purchase. Once you've bought it, you'll be give free access to all future updates of this great reference. However, if you already have the separate app, it will unfortunately not entitle you to get this in-app version.
By the way, did you know that by becoming a fan of DrugDoses on Facebook (http://facebook.drugdoses.net), you can directly request new features and get information on the updates and changes in the database?
Thanks and congrats!"
"This is a great program! I am delighted to have it on my iPhone. Thanks so much for your initiative and contribution to all of us."
"Thanks for the new app. It looks great!"
• When you purchase DrugDoses, you will get a complimentary 2-year license. Thereafter, you will have to purchase a lifetime license.
• There are also some extra PedCalc features that can be bought as a bunddle, also using In-App purchase. There is no subscription to these extra features, so you will only have to buy them once.
• PICU Guidelines can also be bought as an In-App purchase. There is no subscription to this extra feature, so you will only have to buy it once.
• Payment will be charged to your Google Play Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Talk directly with your coach
• Track your food.
• Track your steps and activity.
If you are a member of Prevent, download now to get the best of the Prevent program experience.
*** If you are at risk for prediabetes, Prevent can help you lose weight and develop healthy, sustainable habits at the same time. ***
•Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (HHS/ASPR)
•National Library of Medicine (NLM)
•National Cancer Institute (NCI)
•Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
•Guidance for health care providers, primarily physicians, about clinical diagnosis and treatment of radiation injury during radiological and nuclear emergencies
•Just-in-time, evidence-based, usable information with sufficient background and context to make complex issues understandable to those without formal radiation medicine expertise
•Web-based information that is also downloadable in advance, so that it would be available during an event if the internet is not accessible
Mobile REMM has key selected pages from REMM online, including:
•Patient management algorithms for radiation exposure, contamination, and more...
•Dose estimator for radiation exposure
•Adult and pediatric triage
•Isotopes of interest
The Sepsis app by ESCAVO contains clinical information and tools used in the diagnosis and management of sepsis and septic shock. Sepsis is a serious systemic infection that affects over 750,000 patients and kills over 200,000 people every year in the US, at an annual cost estimated to exceed 16 billion dollars. This app is intended for use by physicians and other healthcare professionals who manage critically ill patients.
In sepsis, time is of the essence. Successful treatment hinges on prompt recognition of symptoms, antibiotic administration, and hemodynamic stabilization. Lack of appropriate sepsis management knowledge at the bedside can lead to delayed symptom recognition, serious complications, medical errors, increased treatment costs, and avoidable morbidity and mortality. For this reason, we created this app to provide busy healthcare workers with essential management information based on the latest practice guidelines in a format that is easily accessible at the point of care.
The Sepsis app has been developed on the ESCAVO mobile publishing platform, a platform created specifically for mobile publishing of scientific and medical content. The ESCAVO platform has an intuitive user interface designed for efficient navigation and optimized for mobile devices. The platform features unobtrusive pop-ups that contain secondary details on primary topics, drug administration information, and full references. An indexed search function lets users rapidly locate needed content, and a bookmarking function allows users to save sections of special interest for fast access on subsequent use. Clinical calculators are also supported.
Content updates will be performed periodically and automatically when network access is available, and are free of charge.
Clinical topics covered in the Sepsis app include the following:
- Epidemiology, risk factors and pathophysiology of the systemic inflammatory response (SIRS), sepsis and septic shock
- Definitions and diagnostic criteria of SIRS and sepsis, common differentials and etiology, guidelines on obtaining a focused H&P, and appropriate workups
- Extensive coverage of common causes for sepsis including hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP), ventilator-acquired pneumonia (VAP) and intra-abdominal infections
- Early goal-directed therapy, the STOP sepsis bundle, hemodynamic management, adjunctive therapies, the mechanical ventilation of sepsis-induced ARDS, and other essential management guidelines from the Surviving Sepsis Campaign (SSC 2012) and the American Thoracic Society (ATS)
- Antibiotic therapy including specific guidelines for the treatment of HAP from ATS and the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA)
- Information on the diagnosis and management of pediatric and neonatal sepsis including the management of pediatric fever, important differences from management of sepsis in adults, management of sepsis-induced persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN), empiric antibiotic treatment recommendations for GBS infections, interventions in pediatric septic shock, and other pediatric-specific information
- Important calculators including APACHE II, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Score (MODS), the Simplified Acute Physiology Score (SAPS) II, the Sequential Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA) score, the Clinical Pulmonary Infection (CPI) score, the Inferior Vena Cava Collapsibility Index, and others
- Drug administration information for the management of sepsis and septic shock including antibacterial and antifungal antibiotics, adrenergic and other vasoactive agents, corticosteroids and diuretics
- Sepsis Clinical Guide is recommended by top U.S.-licensed doctors on HealthTap
- The Russian Sepsis Forum (sepsisforum.ru)
- The ED Trauma Critical Care Blog (edtcc.com)
This app should prove invaluable to all general practitioners, physicians, junior doctors, nurses, pharmacists, other medical staff and healthcare professionals working within primary care. It contains up-to-date antibiotic, antiviral, antifungal and other antimicrobial management guidelines for the infections commonly encountered in adults and children.
GP Antibiotics includes guidance for central nervous system, dental, genital tract, gastro-intestinal, HIV, immunocompromised, lower respiratory tract, skin/ soft tissue, tropical, upper respiratory tract and urinary tract infections in adults and children. Doses, frequencies, durations of treatment, first-line, second-line and penicillin allergic options are included.
Our aim is to improve the provision of healthcare. Our app collects anonymous usage data to help us improve the guidelines and the app. We are also interested on the global usage of antibiotics and the relationship with antibiotic resistance. If you do not want the app to collect anonymous usage data, this can be easily disabled within the app's preferences.
GP Antibiotics is an official collaboration between:
- Dr Andrew Seaton, infectious diseases consultant at the NHS Glasgow Brownlee Centre for Infectious and Communicable Diseases and the NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde prescribing team
- Dr Samuel Leighton, a foundation junior doctor with an interest in app development, and Mr Michael Park, professional software developer both at the independent Scottish medical app developers Polwarth Medical Ltd.
- 200+ quality questions with detailed explanations
- Study mode: get instant answers and useful explanation, study at your own pace; support sound effect
- Study mode: Remove familiar questions to narrow down your target and concentrate only on your weakness
- Favorite mode: add any question to your favorite and simply focus on studying them is 10 times more efficient
- Test mode: simulate the real exam experience, get detailed graphic results and scoring;
- Test mode: review your exam questions with answers and explanations;
- Test mode: has the ability to retest the missed questions, only concentrate on the important ones is key to success
- Exam history with beautiful chart to track progress
- Settings: with flexibility to change font size, sound control, and the number of questions in your test
- Sharing with social network
- Support both landscape and portrait
- No data connection required, all data stored on device
iMobiApp, the publisher of this product, is not affiliated with or endorsed by any testing organization. All organizational and test names are trademarks of their respective owners. The content of the application might include inaccuracies or typographical errors, for which the owner can not be held liable.
The American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB) is the national certifying body for candidates in nurse-midwifery and midwifery who have received their graduate level education in programs accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME).
Certification by the AMCB is considered the gold-standard in midwifery certification and is recognized in all 50 states.
Certification protects the public by ensuring that certified individuals have met predetermined criteria for safety in practice. While state licensure provides the legal basis for practice, most states require AMCB certification for licensure, and many institutions require AMCB certification to grant practice privileges.
Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM) and Certified Midwife (CM) programs are accredited by the National Commission For Certifying Agencies
A prescrição correta depende fundamentalmente do diagnóstico feito pelo médico assistente. Antes do uso de qualquer medicamento sugerido neste manual, orientações atualizadas sobre as medicações devem ser consultadas pelo prescritor. Os editores e publicadores não se responsabilizam pelos erros ou omissões, assim como qualquer conseqüência da aplicação da informação neste manual. Não existem garantias expressas ou implícitas com relação aos dados contidos aqui e a aplicação destas informações é de total responsabilidade do médico assistente.Os esquemas antimicrobianos empíricos indicados neste manual foram orientados pelo conhecimento da microbiota de nosso hospital, o Hospital Universitário Evangélico de Curitiba. O perfil de microrganismos neste nosocômio apresenta características típicas de países em desenvolvimento, onde predominam agentes multirresistentes, principalmente de bacilos Gram-negativos. Contando com isso, este manual tentou adequar esquemas antimicrobianos englobando características gerais do hospital, assim como detalhes de cada unidade hospitalar. Os esquemas propostos para as infecções hospitalares apresentados aqui representam esta visão geral, ajudando os médicos na tomada de decisão inicial para uma infecção.Todo o conteúdo desse manual foi estabelecido por estudos publicados principalmente por consensos.
We hope you will find this app very informative and useful. If you like it please do share it with your friends and family. Application does not overload you with complicated medical terminology, the language is clear and does not require any proficiency.
❤❤❤❤❤ Content & Features ❤❤❤❤❤
• how to prevent yourself from group b strep
• definition , description of disease and symptoms sign
• what are the causes of group b strep and risk factors
• preparing for your appointment
• tests and diagnosis
• treatments and prevention
• lifestyle and home remedies
• internal medical disorders
• congenital and inherited disorders
• infectious diseases and organisms
• drugs and medication for group b strep
• easy to read and download & beautiful full screen slideshows
• table of Contents can be used for easy access.
• search option is available for quick search of the topic.
• friendly and easy to use.
• simple uses and indications.
• easy to study, no need to install or keep updating local databases
• important from examination point of view.
• add to favorite option is added.
• always new content will come in regular updates
• internet connection is not required in order to use this app
• 100% Free!!! anyway, this is a great worth app for your heath
What to handle your heath from now on? Download this App now and learn from it for you loved. Help to keep away from group b strep in your family! Just download it and learn from it! Enjoy! ^_^
❤❤❤❤❤ ATTENTION ❤❤❤❤❤
This app contains group b strep diseases information for knowledge if you need to apply then please contact to nearby doctor. Useful information but is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or the emergency services. Before acting on any of the information in this application, consult with your doctor to make sure that it is right for you.
Information of the diseases, contained in this application, are not intended for medical treatment without a doctor and can be used for information purposes only. This app cannot and should not replace a pharmacist or a doctor consultation. App content is only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual usage of any of the information in this app.
❤❤❤❤❤ App Developer Note ❤❤❤❤❤
Please Rate it 5 Star for our application and feel free to email us about any comments or suggestions for future improvement. In case you face any problems do send us an email with information about your phone model, and the exact problem, and we'll try to fix it immediately.
ESSENTIAL for anyone sitting an Obstetric and Gynaecology or GUM exams!
One 2 One Medicine’s revolutionary “Obstetric and Gynaecology Complete Revision Aid” is built for medical students studying for obstetrics, gynaecology and genitourinary medicine. It has been designed to cover all areas that students need to focus on for their examinations.
13 core subjects are each broken down into OSCE stations, MCQs, SBAs and EMQs.
Labour and delivery
Gynae and Breast
Users receive a full break down and graphical feedback of results after each session, allowing the tracking of improvement and highlighting weaker areas that need more revision.
Practical, clinical, communication and history OSCE stations.
OSCE "Rainbow Bar" - 'in OSCE' timings are broken down, so that users know exactly how long to spend on each section of their OSCE exam. Progress is tracked on the Rainbow Bar
Graphical feedback on last 4 OSCE attempts. Giving users the ability to review their progress.
- MCQ + SBA + EMQ
In-depth questions and answers provided
- ‘Starring’ Questions
Any Question or OSCE that users wish to review again quickly can be ‘Starred’. This will add the question to the bank of ‘Starred’ questions, which can be accessed through the ‘Star’ tab at the bottom of each page.
- 'Exam mode' which runs consecutive, random OSCE stations or SBA/EMQ/MCQ. Results are cumulated at the end of the exam.
- Full control over pass rate and test duration.
Authored by one of the leading O+G consultants in a London teaching hospital:
Mr Rajesh Varma – MA (Cantab.) PhD MRCOG MBBS (Hons.)
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Dr Kate Spacey – MBBS - Foundation Year 1
Dentro de la Comisión de Infección Hospitalaria del Hospital Son Espases (Palma de Mallorca, ESPAÑA) se ha querido promover una utilización más adecuada de los antimicrobianos como una de las posibles soluciones al problema. Una herramienta imprescindible para ello es la realización de guías y protocolos terapéuticos. La Comisión ha hecho y sigue haciendo hincapié en su actualización y difusión. Esta aplicación pone las nuevas tecnologías al servicio de este objetivo.
Queremos promover la difusión y utilización de estas guías, haciéndolas más accesibles en la práctica clínica diaria. La aplicación va destinada a los médicos y farmacéuticos en general, y comprende tanto aspectos generales del uso de antimicrobianos (prevención de la aparición de resistencias, dosificación en insuficiencia renal y hepática, dosificación en pacientes obesos, farmacocinética y farmacodinámica, etc), como guías concretas de tratamiento por aparatos (respiratorio, digestivo, urinario, etc). Hay que tener en cuenta que se trata de recomendaciones locales basadas en las situaciones específicas de nuestro centro y en la información de sensibilidad antibiótica aportada por el Servicio de Microbiología del Hospital Son Espases, por lo que algunas de las recomendaciones deben ser interpretadas y adaptadas a la ubicación del usuario de la aplicación.
Un agradecimiento a todos los médicos, farmacéuticos y microbiólogos que forman o han formado parte de la Comisión de Infección Hospitalaria y que han colaborado en la realización de este trabajo. Y un último agradecimiento a todos los profesionales que con su hacer diario intentan no sólo tratar al paciente con el que se enfrentan diariamente sino también hacer un esfuerzo por minimizar los daños colaterales, siempre existentes, que conlleva el uso de los antimicrobianos.
El contenido de estas "Guías de Tratamiento Empírico de las Enfermedades Infecciosas" está distribuido en secciones, a las que se accede desde un menú en la página principal de la aplicación. Cada sección contiene un listado de capítulos, que se pueden abrir individualmente. Con 2 ó 3 toques de pantalla se accede rápidamente a cada una de las guías.
También hemos querido facilitar el acceso a otros recursos, incluidos los protocolos completos, los cursos anuales, la bibliografía correspondiente, así como a otros documentos de interés. Esta es la descripción de todas las funcionalidades de la aplicación:
- Lectura off-line de los aspectos generales del uso de antimicrobianos, de las guías terapéuticas por capítulos y de los manuales de prevención.
- Sitio para anotaciones: en cada sección hay una página de notas para que añadas toda la información que desees.
- Posibilidad de descargar cada guía en formato PDF.
- Lectura off-line de los protocolos completos con sus referencias bibliográficas (también pueden descargarse en formato PDF).
- Calculadoras clínicas: IMC, dosis en obesos, función renal, escala CPIS, escala CURB-65, escala de Fine (PSI), escala de Child-Pugh, índice de Barthel y test de Pfeiffer.
- Sitios web de interés en Enfermedades Infecciosas: enlaces a asociaciones, calendarios de eventos, revistas de la especialidad, fichas técnicas de los fármacos, cursos, y mucho más.
- Enlace a nuestro blog: podrás estar al día de los casos clínicos, o de las actualizaciones o novedades que vayamos incorporando en la aplicación.
- Buzón de sugerencias: envía tus comentarios, correcciones o sugerencias para mejorar la aplicación, o enlaces de interés que quieras que incluyamos. Los incorporaremos en próximas actualizaciones con la referencia de la persona o grupo que ha aportado la idea.
El equipo de la "Guía Terapéutica Antibiótica".
iVaccine is the first child vaccine reminder application of its kind, designed to ensure you don't forget or lose track of your child's shots, iVaccine uses your regions immunization schedule to automatically send out reminders for any upcoming vaccination!
Get iVaccine Pre https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iVaccinePre to add custom regions and vaccines to your child immunization schedule!
❋ WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) & CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC) COMPLIANT IMMUNIZATION SCHEDULES FOR ALMOST 25 COUNTRIES
❋ BABY VACCINE TRACKER
❋ AUTOMATIC REMINDERS (SENT OUT ACCORDING TO YOUR REGIONS IMMUNIZATION SCHEDULE, LETTING YOU KNOW YOUR CHILD'S UPCOMING VACCINE IS ALMOST DUE)
❋ CUSTOM REMINDERS
❋ VACCINE DESCRIPTIONS
❋ KNOWLEDGE BASE WITH VACCINE SIDE EFFECTS AND CDC RECOMMENDED VACCINATION AGE
❋ QUICK VIEW SUMMARY REPORT OF YOUR CHILD'S COMPLETED AND UPCOMING VACCINES
All you need to do is select your region and add your baby’s name and date of birth to begin tracking and receiving notifications!
Legal disclaimer: The content on this application is presented for informational purposes only. Never disregard professional medical advice from your child's pediatrician or health care provider or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this application. This application offers vaccine information for informational purposes only. It is not the intention of this application to provide specific medical recommendation or professional advice. You should always consult with your child's pediatrician or health care provider before making any decisions regarding your child's immunization. You should not use this information to self-schedule vaccines for your child. Always use your child's pediatricians recommended schedule and use this application as an aid in remembering when you need to take your child in for a shot. You should never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have seen or read in this application. This application provides the information content on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. No warranty is expressed or implied that this application is a comprehensive source of information on any topic of health or otherwise. In no event shall the creator of this application be liable in any manner for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access, use or inability to use this application, or any errors or omissions in the information on this application. The creator of this application reserves the right at any time and from time to time to add, change, modify, update, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this application (or any part thereof) with or without notice. The creator of this application shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any addition, modification, suspension or discontinuation of this application.
• 125+ different medical equations & calculations, for a wide range of specialties.
• Antibiotic best guess therapy based on BPAC 2013 guidelines
• Gives recommendations based on medical calculator outcome.
• Swipe between 'Equations', and 'Antibiotics'
• Frequently updated to the latest clinical scores.
**List of Medical Equations & Calculators**
• A-a Oxygen Gradient calculator
• Absolute Neutrophil Count
• ABCD2 Score for TIA equation
• Alvarado (Appendicitis)
• Anion Gap Calculator
• Anion Gap Albumin-Corrected
• Bicarbonate Deficit
• Body Mass Index or BMI Calculation
• Brugada (Ventricular Tachycardia)
• Calcium Correction for Hypoalbuminemia
• Canadian C-Spine Rule
• Canadian CT Head Rule
• Child-Pugh score (Chronic Liver Disease)
• CHADS2 (Atrial Fibrillation Stroke Risk) calculator
• CHA2DS2-VASc (Atrial Fibrillation Stroke Risk)
• Creatinine Clearance (Cockcroft-Gault Equation)
• CURB65 - Pneumonia Calculator
• Framingham Cardiac Risk Calc
• Fractional Excretion of Sodium
• Fractional Excretion of Urea
• Glasgow Coma Scale
• HAS-BLED (Atrial Fibrillation Bleeding Risk)
• HbA1c Conversion (Diabetes) Calculator
• Maintenance Fluids Calculation
• MELD for End-Stage Liver Disease
• NEXUS Criteria (C-Spine Imaging)
• Rockall (after upper GI bleed) equation
• Serum Osmolality/Osmolarity Calculator
• Shock Index medical score
• Sodium Correction for Hyperglycemia
• Stool Osmolar/Osmotic Gap equation
• Strep Throat Pharyngitis Score
• TIMI Risk for Non-STEMI Calculator
• TIMI Risk for STEMI Calculator
• Wells Criteria (Deep Vein Thrombosis) Calc
• Wells Criteria (Pulmonary Embolism) Calc
This app is one of an expanding collection of applications from CDC on a variety of specific topics, each optimized for your mobile device. When your device is connected, content is automatically updated so you have the most up-to-date information.
This tool provides:
• Child and adolescent schedules, with immunization recommendations from birth through age 18
• Adult schedule, listing recommended vaccines for adults by age group and by medical conditions
• Contraindications and precautions table, with footnotes applying to schedules
• Color coding coordinates with printed schedules
• Hyperlinked vaccine name opens pop-up with dose specifics
• Catch-up schedule for children 4 months through 18 years shows minimum dosing interval
• Related vaccine resources and websites
The app is the result of collaboration between CDC's Division of STD Prevention and the Public Health Surveillance and Informatics Program Office's Informatics Research & Development Activity. The information in this mobile application is based on the CDC’s 2010 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines (MMWR 2010;59(No. RR-12) and the 2012 MMWR Update to CDC's Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2010: Oral Cephalosporins No Longer a Recommended Treatment for Gonococcal Infections (MMWR 2012; 61 (31): 590-594).
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSE OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
• Authoritative recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• During-travel features available offline (no data connection needed)
• Fully customizable to do list and packing list
• Emergency services phone numbers for every destination
• Easy to use and fun
The CDC mobile tablet application puts health information at your fingertips. It features important health articles, Disease of the Week, current outbreaks, popular journals, timely updates, and access to social media. Wherever you go, you’ll have 24/7 access to important and timely health information that you can use to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Compatible with tablets 7” and up.
Check out these features:
• Timely news articles to help you improve your health.
• Each week there is a new “Disease of the Week” topic that includes: key facts, prevention tips, images, videos, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge.
• Recent articles from CDC’s Vital Signs.
• Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC.
• Journal articles from CDC’s Preventing Chronic Disease Journal and Emerging Infectious Diseases Journal.
• Reports from CDC’s weekly Morbidity and Mortality Report.
• Press releases from CDC’s newsroom.
• Access to CDC’s director videos, podcasts, blogs, social media and more CDC apps.
• A multitude of images from CDC’s Public Health Image library.
• “Did You Know” features to inform your prevention activities.
• New Information & Guidance Section which currently features Ebola.
• When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information.
• View and share content via CDC’s social media channels - Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.
• Authoritative recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Access recommendations offline (no data connection needed)
• Easy to use and fun
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
- View updated information on national flu activity
- Find influenza vaccination recommendations endorsed by CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Obtain information on diagnosis and treatment of influenza, including antiviral treatment recommendations by CDC and the ACIP
- Obtain information on laboratory testing for influenza
- Find CDC recommendations on influenza infection control
- View videos of CDC subject matter experts discussing influenza topics
- Order official CDC designed print products for posting in the workplace or distributing to patients.
Epi Info™ is a public domain suite of software tools designed for the global community of public health practitioners and researchers. The Companion for Android brings many of Epi Info's features onto the Android mobile platform. Epidemiologists can calculate sample sizes, collect data, and perform analysis using their smartphones or inexpensive tablets to investigate outbreaks, respond to emergencies, or conduct public health research in locations lacking IT infrastructure.
Limitation of Liability.
The materials embodied in the Epi Info™ Mobile Application are "as-is" and without warranty of any kind, express, implied or otherwise, including without limitation, any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the United States (U.S.) Government be liable to the user or to anyone else for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation, loss of profit, loss of use, savings or revenue, loss of data or the claims of third parties, whether or not CDC or the U.S. Government has been advised of the possibility of such loss, however caused and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the possession, use or performance of this software.
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
* Alcohol consumption data by state
* Easy-to-read information on diagnosis and treatments for children with FASDs
* Individualized pages for different users – women, families, health care providers, educators, and partners
* Training and education resources
* Access to free materials on alcohol use and pregnancy and FASDs
* Information on what CDC is doing in this area
This application serves as a ready and useful reference that highlights the main points of key guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of latent TB infection, and includes resources and sample tools.
When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Now you can have topical CDC content wherever you go. When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Whether you are a researcher, health practitioner, student, or policy maker, PCD provides an open exchange on the very latest in chronic disease prevention, research findings, public health interventions, and the exploration of new theories and concepts.
PERSONALIZE YOUR PCD APP FOR QUICK, EASY ACCESS
- Read the most recent articles published
- Browse more easily using topic keywords such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and more
- Share articles with colleagues on Facebook and Twitter
- Search and browse saved articles
- Highlight important content
- Add your own notes to articles
- Bookmark articles for future reference
Do you quarantine the village? Interview people who are sick? Run more lab tests? The better your answers, the higher your score - and the quicker you’ll climb the ranks to become a decorated Disease Detective. In level 1, you’ll start out as a Trainee and can earn badges by solving scenarios, with the goal of earning the top rank: Disease Detective.
Unlock Level 2 by mastering all 12 outbreaks. Then earn honors by solving new and more challenging scenarios. Earn recognitions like Surveillance Honors and Treatment Honors.
New outbreaks happen every day, and CDC's Disease Detectives are on the front lines, working 24/7 to save lives and protect people. When a new outbreak happens, Disease Detectives are sent in to figure out how the outbreak started before it spreads further.
In this app, you'll also:
・ Learn about diseases and outbreaks in an engaging way.
・ See how CDC's Disease Detectives save lives around the world.
・ Post your scores on Facebook or Twitter and challenge your friends to play!
-Only available on 7" tablets or larger
-Requires Android OS version 4.0 or higher
Compatible with tablets 7” and up.
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUTH LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.