The Medscape app is the highest rated, fastest growing free mobile app for healthcare professionals with over 4 million registered users.
The Medscape app for Android™ is available for free.
All features are available for free. (Log in required only for the first time using the app. New users can register for a free account.)
Most popular features available in our app:
- Medical News:
Read the latest news available across 30+ specialties, covering FDA announcements, thought leader perspectives, conference news, important journal articles, plus physician business news and tips.
- Drug Information and Tools:
Look up adult and pediatric drug dosing information in seconds, check drug interactions, access medical calculators, and get health plan formulary information to support you with patient care.
- Disease & Condition Information:
Prep for patients by reviewing clinical presentation, workup, and treatment information for 4,400+ diseases and conditions. Authored and reviewed by expert physicians.
- Medical Calculators
Access 129 medical calculators covering formulas, scales, and classifications directly through the calculator feature. Plus, 600+ drugs in our drug reference have integrated dosing calculators.
- Drug Formulary Information
Find out whether a drug is covered under a particular health plan and easily compare tier status for drugs in the same class to consider an alternative for your patient. Choose from our complete list of 1,800 plans across all 50 states.
- Continuing Medical Education Courses:
Complete accredited CME/CE courses for professional development and to fulfill licensure requirements. Courses available in 1,000+ topics across 30+ specialties.
- Offline Access:
Drug, condition, and procedure reference, plus drug interaction checker can be accessed without an internet connection when you select the option to download our clinical reference database.
For more information, visit medscape.com/mobileapp
Please remember, we aren’t able to respond to you based on comments. If you have any suggestions to improve our app or are having issues using our app, please contact us through our online help center at help.medscape.com.
Supported Device and OS Information:
Supported Devices: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Incredible
Supported OS: 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
NOTE: Users with 'rooted' devices and ad-blocker software installed may experience connectivity errors while using Medscape.
Please disable ad-blocker software before attempting to download Medscape's offline Clinical Reference.
This medical disease hand book can act as a clinical advisor for self diagnosis and can also be used to look up symptoms, diseases and treatment. Medical diseases dictionary free download is like a FREE Doctor at home for common diseases and treatment codes.
Diseases dictionary FREE - Medical App Features:
- Works Offline without internet.
- Detailed description of all major medical conditions and diseases.
- Information regarding treatment of diseases for all medical conditions and symptoms along with medication information, medication interaction and drug side effects.
- Medical reference book and thesaurus covering all medical terminologies and abbreviations.
- Prescription drug info along with pill description is provided in the treatment section.
- Physicians desk reference and pharmaceuticals dictionary.
- A handy free pocket guide for nurses for use as an emergency guide.
Who can use this free disease dictionary:
Healthcare professionals, pharmaceuticals, physicians, hospital nurses, medical students, nursing professionals, pharmacy, physician assistants and for students who work in clinical practice & dispensary.
This app cannot and should not replace a pharmacist or a doctor consultation. App content is only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual usage of any of the information in this app.
Please READ the FAQ before request a feature.
... Comments, suggestions and help: email@example.com
··· Languages: ENGLISH & SPANISH
··· This APP REQUIRES CONTINUOUS DATA CONNECTION and EXTERNAL SD CARD
The best way to request an improvement (translations, content, models of specific organs ... ) is by email, to know exactly what you need, and we will try to make it. In our experience, comments on GooglePlay are not a good way for it due to the limitations of our answers (150 chars) and the difficulties into contact with you again.
Q: Why is ONLINE? Why cannot be offline?
R: Think of the app as in Youtube. Each time you load a scene, this must be downloaded, then cached to accelerate the following times, but you'll still need internet connection (exactly as you see a video on youtube ).
and no, there is no way to make this APP (or youtube) offline.
The app can download and cache up to 1Gb.
P: In what languages is it translated?
R: SPANISH (original language) and ENGLISH (translated). French, Portuguese, Russian Italian... have already been requested, we are considering the translation from those languages where the users collaborate in its translation, since we do not speak these languages. More than 20.000 medical terms, plus the book's videos and descriptions should be translated.
Q: Why are there some books in "under construction"?
A: The project is still GROWING. We have modeling some 3D anatomical parts, of which we have not created an adequate bibliography for learning.
Q: What should I do if the app could not be installed, or it does not connect to the server?
A: Follow these steps:
- - - 1. - Make sure you fit requirements:
Android 4 . . . . 1Gb RAM . . . . 1GB of free space to install apps.
- - - 2. - Connect a WIFI or 4G high speed connection. G and 3G connections are often inadequate, slow and tedious. The loading of pages with a good connection takes about 5 - 10 seconds. (Think you're going to download 5 to 10 MB for each 3D model).
- - - 3. - Install the APP, open it and access the Library.
- - - 4. - If, after have followed these steps, you still can not access, send us your error through our mail. We would like to fix the bug, and we will notify you. Meanwhile, access www.AnatomyLearning.com and use the PC & MAC version.
We have done our best to facilitate your search of numerous drugs and diseases. Our application offers you an extensive drug guide and a disease guide.
We do our best to monitor all novel and rare medicines and update our information on a daily basis, to make sure that we provide you with the latest data. With our medical application you will be able to choose the most effective, fast-acting and least harmful drugs.
Stay healthy and remember that your health is in your hands!
This application includes:
1. Drug Handbook
2. General Diseases - Handbook
-- Update #2
‘ “No home should be without one” certainly applies to this splendid medical dictionary’, Journal of the Institute of Health Education
This best-selling and market-leading dictionary contains over 12,000 clear and concise entries, covering all aspects of medical science. Written by a team of medical experts, the entries are accessible and jargon-free, and complemented by over 140 illustrations and diagrams. The 8th edition has been fully revised and updated to cover changes in this fast-moving field. Entries on techniques and equipment, drugs, general medical practice, health service organization, and treatment have all been reviewed, and updated where necessary.
The dictionary has also been expanded in many areas, with particular attention paid to pharmacology, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ethics, nephrology, and psychiatry. Selling over a million copies in previous editions, this is an indispensable reference guide for students, as well as those working in the medical and allied professions. It is also an invaluable home reference guide for the general reader
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
Easy to use, offline and instant results for all calculations even during your practice.
This is an free application for all medical personal followed by the Pediatriconcall page relating to http://www.pediatriconcall.com/fordoctor/pedcalc/calcmain.aspx
Calculators included are categorized as follows:
» Head Circumference
» Predict Height
» Mid Parental Height
» Body Surface Area (BSA)
» Body Mass Index (BMI)
» Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
» Conversion of Temperature Celsius to Fahrenheit
» Conversion of Weight From Pound to Kg
» Conversion of cm to inches
» Serum Osmolality
» Bicarbonate & Base Excess
» Fractional Excretion Of Sodium
» Creatinine Clearance
» Creatinine Clearance (Schwartz Formula)
» Normal Values Of GFR
» Anion Gap
» APGAR Score
» Ovulation Date
» Pregnancy Due Date
» Conception Date
Blood Pressure Calculator
» Blood Pressure
Blood Group Detection
» Find Your Blood Group
» Alveolar arterial Gradient (A-a gradient)
» ET Size
» Normal Respiratory Rate
» Predicted Mean Peak Respiratory Flow Rates
» Corrected QTc
» Sodium Deficit in Hyponatremia
» Burns Fluid Requirement
Drug Dose Calculators
» Emergency Drug Formula
Diarrhea Solution Calculators
» Diarrhea Solution
» IV Rates
Blood Reference Values
» WBC Count
» Coagulation Profile
» Blood Indices
» Immunoglobulin IgG Subclass Levels
» Immunoglobulin Reference Values
» Serum Complement Reference Values
» Lymphocyte Reference Values
» Corrected CSF WBC Count for RBC`s
» Corrected Reticulocyte Count
Endocrine and Antibody Tests
» Thyroid Function Test
» Antibodies & Their Associated Diseases
» Drugs Interaction Checker
*Supports API levels 8 & above (Android 2.2 and above)
Medical Terms and Dictionary with common and uncommon words, terms and phrases. Used by physicians, nurses, PAs, NPs, medical students, nursing students and more.
With this simple, powerfull and free app you can reveal meanings of thousands of medical terms in English language.
It contains directory of most common used medical terms, diseases, tests and symptoms extended by external sources with tons of medical terminology.
- a very quick Search for Terms;
- complete offline access, No Internet connection required;
- huge database of Terminologies;
- email any of the terms instantly;
- unlimited Book Marks;
- compatible with all versions of Android Devices;
- very efficient, fast and good performance;
- automatic free updates whenever new terms gets added;
- application is designed to occupy as much as less memory as possible.
This is Offline Medical Wikipedia used for reading Medical Wikipedia articles. Medical Wikipedia articles has been collected so that it occupies less space of your memory card or Phones memory. Medical Wikipedia contains only A-Z diseases (approximately 3,000 medical diseases with PICTURES) and not other Health conditions.
Medical data has been divided into three parts (Medical Wikipedia A-D), (Medical Wikipedia E-O) and (Medical Wikipedia P-Z), so when searching the "Desired Disease", please open the respective file.
This application is intended to complement the study of anatomy in medicine, biology or other.
Touching each organ as the heart, brain, lungs, reproductive system, liver, intestine, ovary, testis, stomach, kidney, etc.. information is displayed.
Practical, useful and valuable anatomical information in your palm. Reference to primary education, secondary school, college or culture in general.
* Supported languages English, French, Portuguese, Spanish.
* Rotate 3D
* Hide or display the information.
* Collate between male and female organs.
* Free Updates.
* Each anatomical organ is shown in a different color.
* Descriptions very detailed.
* Recommended Hardware
Processor 1 GHz or more.
1 GB of RAM or more.
- Completely offline and free to download.
- List of drug name and uses.
- Detailed drug guide including the drug terms, brands and generics.
- Medication prescription for various diseases.
- The best choice for pocket drug dictionary and drug book for nurses with facts, doses and overdose information.
- Missed dose details describing the impacts of a missed dose and necessary measures.
- Search feature to lookup the offline drug index.
- Drug classifications computations and calculations.
- Very friendly and beautiful interface.
- Drugs Encyclopedia with complete information regarding their use and abuse, side effects and pill identification.
Medical Formulas is intuitive, easy to use and thoroughly tested. Oriented utility for physicians, doctors, residents, medical students and other health professionals.
Medical Formulas includes numerous criteria, functions and scores of different specialties: Internal Medicine, Nutrition, Metabolism, Endocrinology, Medication, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Cardiology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Infectology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Therapy, Intensive Care, Emergency, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Oncology, Hepatology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Surgery, Toxicology, Trauma.
Among the most used functions it highlights:
- Ideal Body Weight
- Body Mass Index BMI
- Body Surface Area
- Winter’s Formula for Metabolic Acidosis Compensation
- LDL Calculator
- Anion GAP
- Maintenance Fluids Calculator
- Parkland Formula for Burns
- Pregnancy Due Dates Calculator
- APGAR Score
- Emergency Heart Failure Mortality Risk Grade
- Corrected QT Interval
- Geneva Score for Pulmonary Embolism
- Mean Arterial Pressure
- Framingham Coronary Heart Disease Risk Score
- Well’s Criteria for Pulmonary Embolism
- PSI Port Score: Pulmonary Severity Index
- Oxygenation Index
- Light’s Criteria for Exudative Effusion
- Creatinine Clearence
- MDRD GFR Equation
- Duke Criteria for Infective Endocarditis
- SIRS Sepsis and Septic Shock Criteria
- CURB 65 Severity Score
- CAGE Questions for Alcohol Use
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH) Score
- Patient Health Questionnaire-9
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- APACHE II
- Shock Index
- Ramson’s Criteria for Pancreatitis Mortality
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) Analyzer
- ABC Score for Massive Transfusion
- PERC Rule for Pulmonary Embolism
- King’s College Criteria for Acetaminophen Toxicity
- Child-Pugh Score for Cirrhosis Mortality
- Absolute Reticulocyte Count and Reticulocyte Index
- Glasgow Alcoholic Hepatitis Score
- Calcium Correction for Hypoalbuminemia
- Pittsburgh Knee Rules
- Wells’ Criteria for Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Pediatric Ins and Outs (per kg and per hour)
- Pediatric Endotracheal Tube (ETT) Size
- Injury Severity Score (ISS)
- Alvarado Score for Acute Appendicitis
- Hunt and Hess Classification of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Phenytoin Correction for Albumin Renal Failure
- Serum Osmolality/Osmolarity
- Opioid Risk Tool (ORT) for Narcotic Abuse
- Acetaminophen Overdose and NAC Dosing
- ATRIA Bleeding Risk Score
- TASH Score (Trauma Associated Severe Hemorrhage)
- Revised Trauma Score
- Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC)
- HIV Needle Stick Risk Assessment Stratification Protocol (RASP)
Prognosis: Emergency Medicine allows you to test your decision making skills in a risk-free environment while sharpening your clinical knowledge.
The interesting discussions at the end of each case scenario are useful for experienced physicians to refresh their knowledge and also serve as interesting practice material for residents embarking on a career in Emergency Medicine.
All clinical cases and discussions have been reviewed by our editorial board of 120+ physicians across 27 specialties.
1. Acetaminophen Poisoning
2. Acute Appendicitis
3. Acute Compartment Syndrome
4. Acute Encephalitis
5. Acute Epiglottitis
6. Acute Glomerulonephritis
7. Acute Head Trauma
8. Acute Hematogenous Osteomyelitis
9. Acute Myocardial Infarction (LBBB)
10. Acute Myocarditis
11. Acute Ovarian Torsion
12. Acute Pericarditis
13. Adrenal Crisis
14. Aortic Dissection
15. Asthma Exacerbation
16. Atrial Fibrillation
17. Bacterial Meningitis
18. Basilar-type Migraine
19. Bell’s Palsy
20. Benign Positional Paroxysmal Vertigo
21. Biliary Ascariasis
22. Boerhaave Syndrome
24. Brugada Syndrome
26. Cardiac Tamponade
27. Cerebral Venous Thrombosis
28. Cervical Epidural Hematoma
29. Chronic Subdural Hematoma
30. Deep Venous Thrombosis
31. Diabetic Ketoacidosis
32. Dieulafoy’s Lesion
33. Digoxin Toxicity
34. Ectopic Pregnancy
35. Emphysematous Cholecystitis
36. Exercise Associated Hyponatremia
37. Fitz-hugh-curtis Syndrome
38. Guillain–barré Syndrome
39. Heat Stroke
40. Heterotopic Pregnancy
41. Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic State
42. Hypertensive Emergency
43. Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy
44. Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis
45. Ica Dissection
46. Infectious Mononucleosis
48. Isolated Gall Bladder Injury
49. Kawasaki Disease
50. Lactic Acidosis, Metformin
51. Lateral Medullary Syndrome
52. Lemierre's Syndrome
53. Meckel's Diverticulum
54. Mesenteric Ischemia, Arterial
55. Multiple Sclerosis
56. Myasthenia Gravis
57. Myxedema Coma
58. Omental Infarction
59. Peptic Ulcer Disease
60. Peripartum Cardiomyopathy
61. Pneumocystis Jiroveci Pneumonia
63. Primary Hyperparathyroidism
64. Prinzmetal's Angina
65. Pulmonary Embolism
66. Red Degeneration
67. Renal Artery Aneurysm
68. Retropharyngeal Abscess
69. Reye Syndrome
70. Right Ventricular Myocardial Infarction
71. Rupture of a Popliteal Cyst
72. Salicylate Toxicity
73. Sigmoid Volvulus
74. Spinal Epidural Abscess
75. Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
77. Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
78. Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome
79. Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
80. Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy
81. Temporal Arteritis
82. Tension Pneumothorax
83. Thyrotoxic Periodic Paralysis
84. Tick Paralysis
85. Tumor Lysis Syndrome
87. Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
88. Atrial Myoxma
89. Nonconvulsive Status Epilepticus
90. Prinzmetal's Angina
91. Omental Infarction
Medical students: get an edge up when competing with your colleagues for those Honors scores! Learn how to take accurate and complete patient histories and perform detailed physical examinations. Uncertain how to clearly and concisely communicate your findings with your preceptor? Our innovative tool will help you to present like a pro!
This is a great tool for all medical professions students. H&P PRO takes you through the entire process of building patient histories, completing physical exams, developing progress notes, and presenting your findings to your supervisor. The unique database contains the very best in current methods and procedures that all medical professionals are expected to follow. The automatic progress note generator creates exactly what would go in a chart; just copy and paste it if you need a written presentation.
H&P PRO is designed to replace those big physical diagnosis textbooks. As a bonus feature, our video guides will lead you through the correct way to perform each of the essential elements of the physical exam.
SMA exists within the device's memory, acting as a comprehensive pocket guide for medical clinicians while in private practice or in remote areas in the United States or around the world – no WiFi connection required for use.
Product Features --
* Comprehensive guide to medical histories, physical examination and documentation of findings
* Instruction guides assist you in each element of history-taking and physical examination
*First application to translate checklist findings into grammatically correct progress note for presentation
* Video tutorials provide detailed instruction in correctly performing physical examination components
New Version 1.2.7 (22-Jul-13)
Fix for "Can't play this video" errors
New Version 1.2.0 (6-Jun-12)
Video guides for each of the essential elements of a physical
New Version 1.1.1! (16-Apr-2012)
* New Module - Breast Exam
Ability to purchase 7 more modules
* Review of Systems (ROS)
* Screen Neurological
* Significant speed and stability improvements
Medical dictionary is a free hand book more like a Medical dictionary for emergency lookup on disease names to assist individuals and to Physicians. Medical Dictionary is a leading medical word dictionary used by health care professionals today in this modern technology world.
This mobile application aids not only Specialists, General Physicians but also nurse routines at any given point of the day.
This App provides broad classification of medicines, symptoms of Sickness, expert prescribes, recommend drugs and information about adverse problems, Clinical diagnosis, Nursing central facts and patient care.
Your organization needs to license Haiku and be on Epic’s Summer 2009 version and will determine the exact feature set and any applicable charges for your use of Haiku. If you are unsure whether you can use Haiku, please contact your administrative staff.
To use this application, your organization must either be live on or installing Haiku. Additionally, you must have appropriate administrator security within your organization.
If you are a clinical user of Epic Haiku, please be aware that you will not be able to access Ukiah. Instead you should download the current version of Epic Haiku from Google Play.
With Bedside, you can:
• View your health information, lab results, and plan for the day
• See pictures and profiles of the team that’s caring for you and exchange messages with them
• Review educational videos or create your own notes
Bedside uses your hospital’s medical records system to securely show you this information, so check with your nurse or doctor to see if the system supports it. If it does, someone at your hospital can connect your tablet and get you started!