Track Your Activities
If you workout or compete with a Garmin Edge® cycling computer, Forerunner® running watch or other compatible Garmin device, all of the Garmin Connect data you rely on is right here in the app. Examine the maps and stats from your individual activities or analyze your progress with charts and graphs.
Track Your Fitness
Upload data from your vivofit™ fitness band to track your progress while you’re on the go. You’ll be able to keep tabs on your total steps and progress toward your goal, how long you’ve been sedentary, sleep patterns and more.
Connect Your Devices On the Go
Garmin Connect Mobile unlocks the full potential of connected fitness devices. Upload data from your compatible device right to Garmin Connect. Send courses and workouts to your device. Let your friends and family follow your running/cycling races and training activities in real time using the LiveTrack feature. And get real-time weather conditions, forecasts and alerts directly on your connected Edge.
*Use with caution. Any time you post via Facebook or Twitter, the link will be available to anyone with access to your Facebook or Twitter profiles.
** Continued use of GPS and Bluetooth running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Smartphone Link works with select Bluetooth®-enabled 2012 through 2015 Garmin devices, including the
• nüvi 2417, 2467, 2475, 2495, 2497, 2498, 2517, 2559, 2567, 2577, 2589, 2595, 2597, 2598, 2599, 2689, 2699, 2789, 2797, 2798 with Backup Camera, 3490, 3590, 3597, 3598
• RV 660, 760
• zūmo 590
• dēzl 570, 760, 770
Some of these models require a software update, available at www.garmin.com/myDashboard.
What Are Garmin Live Services?
Garmin Live Services provide the most up-to-date “live” information to your Garmin navigator using your existing mobile data plan. There’s no need for an additional data connection. Some services are included free when you connect to Smartphone Link. Others are available through subscriptions that offer premium content and enhanced features.
Examples of Garmin Live Services:
• Local weather information:
Current localized weather, temperature and forecasts.
• Live Traffic*:
Garmin Live Traffic provides the best-in-class real-time information to help you navigate in and around congestion. Live Traffic is updated every 2 minutes and receives more than 1,000 messages every update cycle.
• photoLive traffic cameras*:
Provides drivers the ability to look up real-time photos from traffic cameras to get a glance at traffic and weather conditions.
• Advanced Weather*:
In addition to what the free weather service provides, Advanced Weather also allows users to receive severe weather alerts and view animated radar images on the nüvi. Colors distinguish types of precipitation, such as rain, snow and ice, to help you avoid bad driving conditions.
• Real-time safety cameras**:
Alerts you to fixed and mobile safety camera data to help you arrive safely at your destination.
• Dynamic parking:
Helps you locate parking areas close to your destination. It also will provide you with the number of spots available and the current cost of the parking spot.
*Contact your mobile service provider for more information about your service plan's data and roaming rates.
**Not available in all areas. Subscription required.
Garmin Tracker is a free, unique app that will help keep tabs on whatever is important to you. Got a little one walking to school? No sweat — clip a Garmin tracking device to their backpack. Got a frisky mutt with a specialty for sneaking out of the yard? (Bad Rex!) Attach a Garmin tracking device to Rex’s collar. You’ll be able to see the location of all of your devices using the handy dandy Garmin Tracker app.
Not only does the app let you view your device’s location directly from your smartphone, it also lets you navigate to it with turn-by-turn directions.
You can also draw geofences, view track history and adjust your tracking device settings. (Let’s review: A geofence is a virtual boundary around an area of your choosing. When you set up a geofence for your tracking device, you can set a preference to notify you by email and/or text message when it enters or exits.)
So, back to your little one — say you want to know when they arrive safely at school. You can use the app to draw a geofence around the school and set your preferences to receive an email and/or text message once they enter that geofence. It’s that simple.
And then there’s Rex, your sneaky mutt. Using the app, draw a geofence around your house and yard. Once you get the notification that Rex has left the yard for a stroll through the neighborhood, grab your smartphone and go. Finding him is a breeze because Garmin Tracker will show you his location on a map. Catching him and bringing him home — that may be a different story.
Here’s how you get started:
1. Get yourself a Garmin tracking device.
2. Register and activate your device in your Garmin account at https://my.garmin.com.
3. Download this free app to your smartphone.
What you can do with the app:
1. View the location of your Garmin tracking device on your smartphone on an easy-to-read map.
2. Navigate to your device.
3. Draw, edit or delete geofences.
4. View track history of your device.
5. Set up email and/or text message notifications.
6. Adjust your device settings.
With Garmin Tracker, everything needed to locate and control your tracking device is in the palm of your hand.
** Visit https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod67686.html information regarding products available for use with this application.
Get insight into how your car is performing with the free Garmin Mechanic™ app. Use the Skidpad to measure lateral acceleration, and track your speed and distance using GPS.
Taking a trip? Garmin Mechanic tracks your trips and calculates total distance, average speed, and estimated mileage to help increase fuel savings. Got more than one vehicle? You can track and collect data on multiple vehicles.
At the pump, enter your fill-up data and track average mileage, total fuel used, fuel cost, cost per mile and more. Set up service schedules for maintenance on all your vehicles, and get notifications when service is due.
Expand your toolbox by pairing the Garmin Mechanic app with our ecoRoute™ HD module (sold separately) and gain access to real-time performance data, including live gauges showing RPM, throttle position, intake pressure, manifold vacuum, boost, instant economy, battery voltage, real-time estimated power and torque, and more. Evaluate your driving style with the Eco Score gauge.
Create gauge sets and save them as Dashboards, and instantly recall them for different driving modes (e.g. towing, economy, racing).
Measure your vehicle's performance with the Acceleration/Dyno feature. Measure 0-30, 0-60 and 1/4-mile times, torque and horsepower.
With the ecoRoute HD module, Garmin Mechanic also calculates your instant and average fuel economy, and checks your vehicle’s self-test status for emissions certification. The vehicle diagnostics feature reads and provides descriptions for over 6500 error codes and resets your vehicle’s Check Engine light.
Export all your vehicle information (including fill-ups, service schedule, service history, sensor data, diagnostic data, acceleration runs and more) to view on your computer.
- Tablet support -- works with 7" and 10" tablets (all Android versions)
- Move to SD Card option
- Track average mileage and service history on multiple vehicles
Features (when paired with ecoRoute HD module):
- View diagnostic codes and reset your vehicle’s Check Engine light
- View and record real-time sensor data
- Calculate real-time and average fuel consumption
- Measure acceleration and calculate 0-30, 0-60, ¼-mile times, torque and horsepower.
- Record OBD sensor data from your vehicle and view it on your computer
• View and control the chartplotter
• Enhances situational awareness for the mariner
• Works seamlessly with SmartMode™ to group chartplotter thumbnails by station when used with a GPSMAP 8000 Glass Helm system
• Easily switch between chart plotters using thumbnail screen preview
• Connect multiple Android devices simultaneously
Visit www.garmin.com for updated device compatibility information.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
For more information on chartplotter firmware updates, visit http://www8.garmin.com/support/software/marine.html
• Frame your shot – See what your camera sees with live viewfinder
• Remote control – Full remote control of camera functions and settings
• Browse Content* – Playback recorded videos and photos **
• Edit Your Videos* – Trim a clip, add G-Metrix™ overlays and music
• Share Your Content* – Push photos and videos to sharing services
• Manage Your Files* – Browse and delete files on your microSD card
• Multi-Camera* – View, control and access up to 8 VIRB action cameras simultaneously when VIRBs are in Multi-Cam mode, or many more when connected to a wireless router.
• App is compatible with VIRB X, VIRB XE, and VIRB Elite cameras only
Visit virb.garmin.com to learn more about VIRB.
* VIRB X and VIRB XE only.
** Live preview and video playback are not available when the VIRB action camera’s frame rate is 120 frames-per-second or higher, when recording 1440p video, or while recording on the VIRB Elite.